- U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station (1960). "Floods resulting from suddenly breached dams: Conditions of minimum resistance." Paper: 2-237, report 1.
- U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station (1961). "Floods resulting from suddenly breached dams: Conditions of maximum resistance." Paper: 2-374, report 2.
- rectangular flume with sloping bed elevation
- flume length = 121.9 m
- flume width = 1.2 m
- bed slope = 0.0015
- dam location at 61 m
- pooled water upstream of dam (left) with 0.3048 m at x = 61 m (dam face)
- no water downstream of the dam
- Friction defined by Manning's n = 0.009
- no flow boundaries
- dam removed at t = 0 s
The mesh (*.3dm), boundary condition (*.bc), and hotstart (*.hot) file can be downloaded from https://github.com/erdc/AdH-V-V-input-files.
- Comparison to flume experiment at the locations in the previous image
- Depth comparison to measured data over time