Business with Us



Technology Transfer (T2) Officers

General inquiries
Jeffrey Ditullio
Phone: 508-206-3494


Katie Fairley
Phone: 601-634-3391


Phone: 601-634-4113
Cell: 601-415-9742


Jeannette (Jenny) Jabour
Phone: 601-634-2584
Cell: 601-618-2189


Lynn L. Zanow
Phone: 601-634-3319
Cell: 937-684-2160

Technology Transfer - T2

Technology Transfer (T2)

The ERDC Office of Research and Technology Transfer oversees the transfer of research and development technologies and products to many groups, including:

  • All Department of Defense agencies
  • Federal government agencies
  • Private companies
  • Academic institutions
  • State and local governments
  • Non-profit organizations

We identify and facilitate opportunities to share and collaborate on research and technology commercialization.


We continually assess the commercial potential of ERDC’s technologies and pursue patent, trademark or other intellectual protection for technologies deemed commercially viable. A new patent’s term is 20 years from the date the patent’s application was filed in the U.S. or, in special cases, from the date an earlier related application was filed.

ERDC patents may be categorized as either a utility, design or plant patent. See the list of ERDC patents available for licensing.


Licenses for ERDC’s intellectual property allows organizations to make and sell products based on licensed patented technologies. Licenses may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis, providing the most flexible and business-friendly approach to the broad range of companies and industries that license our technologies.

A license agreement is appropriate to use when a company or other entity desires to license a patent or patent application for commercialization or research purposes. There are three types of licenses that may be negotiated:

  • An exclusive license restricts the use of an invention to a single licensee.
  • A partially exclusive license allows multiple licensees but restricts the use of the invention by any single licensee to a particular geographic area or to a particular use.
  • A nonexclusive license can be issued to any number of licensees.

We offer two different licensing agreements:

Regardless of the type of license, the government retains its rights to use an invention and to grant nonexclusive research licenses. Royalties are negotiated on a case-by-case basis and take many factors into account, such as type of license agreement, market size, exclusivity, or whether additional technology development is needed. The laboratory may provide technical assistance on a reimbursable basis if needed to further develop the technology.

If you are interested in the licensing opportunities at ERDC, please contact us at

Partnering Mechanisms

Partnering mechanisms for Technology Transfer with ERDC include:

  1. Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADA)
  2. Patent License Agreements (PLAs)
  3. Software License Agreement (SLAs)
  4. Intergovernmental Cooperative Agreements (ICAs)
  5. Testing Services Agreements (TSAs)
  6. Educational Partnering Agreements (EPAs)
  7. Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs)
  8. Service Agreements (SAs)
  9. FS Form 7600A

Please contact us at for general inquiries or see the list of contacts on our website to speak with a specific Technology Transfer Officer.