Caleffi et. al. "Finite Volume Method for Simulating Extreme Flood Events in Natural Channels." Journal of Hydraulic Research, Vol. 41, No. 2, 2003, 167-177.
- rectangular flume
- 25 m length
- 1 m width
- variable depth
- no flow
- 0.33 water surface elevation
- 0.18 cms upstream inflow (left)
- 0.33 downstream water surface elevation (right)
The mesh (*.3dm), boundary condition (*.bc), and hotstart (*.hot) file can be downloaded from https://github.com/erdc/AdH-V-V-input-files.
- Model run to steady state
- Hydraulic jump forms on downstream side of the bump
- Modeled results (points), Analytic Results (line)