The USACE Reachback Operations Center (UROC) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) provides a “reachback” engineering capability to support contingencies across the full operational and natural disaster spectrum. The UROC rapidly leverages the Corps’ extensive resources to support deployed forces or those requiring specialized assistance.
Deployed troops are linked to subject matter experts (SMEs) within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, government, private industry, or academia to obtain solutions to complex problems. Personnel may contact the UROC for reachback support using the UROC’s Reachback Engineer Data Integration (REDi) website, phone, email, or UROC’s satellite-based TeleEngineering Communications Equipment.
Common topics of requests for information (RFIs) include:
- Bridge Assessment
- Airfield Design and Repair
- Dam Breach and Hydrology Analysis
- Trafficability (On or Off Road)
- Geophysical Environment Analysis
- Climate Information and Analysis
- Force Protection / Survivability
- Bomb Damage Assessment
- Critical Infrastructure Assessment
- Base Camp Development
- Engineering, Master Planning and Facilities
- Construction and Mapping
UROC personnel have designed Field Force Engineering tools to enhance the capabilities available to DoD forces.
- The Automated Route Reconnaissance Kit (ARRK): Incorporates GPS, video, and inertial measurement unit providing automated data collection capability for on-the-move reconnaissance for both ground and airborne platforms. Numerous operations and natural disaster response missions have been supported.
- Tele-Engineering Communications Equipment-Deployable (TCE-D): Provides assured reachback by leveraging commercial-off-the-shelf technology in a UROC integrated solution for internet or telephone access , secure and nonsecure VTC functionality and
data transfer. The system is a critical component when other communications infrastructure is unavailable.
- Reachback Engineer Data Integration (REDi): Website provides a common database, mapping tool and robust user interface for submitting, managing, tracking and archiving all data and reachback support managed through the UROC related to the engineer reachback process and the Field Force Engineering program.
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | https://uroc.usace.army.mil
601-634-2439 | DSN 312-446-2439